Channel Seven, also known as Network Seven or simply 7, is an free-to-air Australian television network owned by Seven West Media Limited. Channel Seven is the network to which broadcasts the popular television show Home and Away.
The first broadcast dates back to 4 November 1956, when the first station on the VHF7frequency was established in Melbourne.
The Seven Network has been the highest rated television network and primary channel in Australia, ahead of the Nine Network, ABC and SBS and the troubled Network Ten.
Other than Home and Away, the Seven Network has broadcast numerous other high rating television programs to which include;
- Home and Away
- My Kitchen Rules
- House Rules
- The Amazing Race Australia
- The Chase Australia
- Deal or No Deal
- Better Homes and Gardens
- Australia's Best Houses
- American Football: NFL and Super Bowl
- Australian rules football: AFL Premiership Season including AFL Grand Final and Brownlow Medal
- Commonwealth Games: Gold Coast 2018
- Golf: Australian Masters, Australian PGA Championship, Australian Open and Perth International
- Seven's Horse Racing: Emirates Melbourne Cup Carnival and Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival
- Rugby League: 2017 Rugby League World Cup
- Summer Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020
- Swimming: Australian Swimming Championships and Pan Pacific Swimming Championships from 2016
- Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race
- Seven's Tennis: Australian Open, Wimbledon.
- Winter Olympic Games: PyeongChang 2018
News and A Current Affairs
- Seven News
- Today Tonight
- Sunday Night
- The network was launched on 4th November 1956.
- It's biggest audience is the city of Melbourne with an audience share of 30.6%.
- It's sister channels include, 7HD, 7TWO, 7mate, 7flix and Racing.com